Movies about gambling and the scene surrounding it are often portrayed on the silver screen with much success. Yet in real life, the superstars of Hollywood, also usually like to dip their toes in the casino scene. Here are some of the names you know, who love to test the hand of Lady Luck.
Down below, we list some of the most notable Hollywood Stars that were caught having issues with gambling, often dipping into their vast sums of money to support the habit. It isn’t surprising that these famous millionaires select gambling as their form of entertainment. It comes with Glitz, Glamour, Liquor and Social Excitement. Examine those stars below:
- Ben Affleck – Not only famous for his handsome looks but also known as a great actor, screenplay writer, movie director and producer. He also likes to spend his past-time trying his hand at poker or blackjack and even once earned the title of California State Poker Champion back in 2004.
- Charlie Sheen – Often reflecting in his private life the same destructive habits which he portrayed in his role on Two And a Half Men. Sheen is notorious for some severe gambling and according to his ex-wife, regularly spends more than $20 000 per week on sports gambling.
- Tobey Maguire – When Spider-man isn’t in action swinging between buildings, Maguire likes spending some time at the casinos. He is known for his love of gambling, and this was once again highlighted due to Molly’s Game by Aaron Sorkin.
- Jennifer Tilly – Representing the ladies we have Tilly. Tilly seems to be in luck at the poker tables having won the World Series of Poker bracelet. Also, her winnings have been known to top $750 000.
- Russel Crowe – Crowe is more than an actor or a rugby league owner. He is also involved in the gambling industry. A substantial part of his club’s income is coming from revenue generated by poker machines.
- Ray Romano – We got to love Romano in the endearing sitcom. Everybody Loves Raymond. Hence it comes to some as a surprise that good old dependable Ray is an avid poker player. Since 2007 he has been very much devoted to poker and would never miss out on a World Series of Poker.
- Kevin Hart – Hart is a giant in the comedy industry and is continuously keeping his fans ripped with laughter. Yet Hart is not only quite a presence to reckon with on stage in a comedy club, but also at the poker tables, his presence is bringing laughter and delight Hart is a regular player in the PokerStars Championships Bahamas.
- Kevin Pollak – Famous for acting and comedy and his role in Super High Roller Celebrity Shootout, yet he has suffered a grandiose loss against Vanessa Selbst. Selbst walked away as the winner of $1 million and Pollak walked away defeated.
- Pamela Anderson – Once upon a time, the babe of Baywatch has a deep-rooted love for poker. Often being seen at the poker tables and even having to live with some rumours that her marriage to Rick Salomon, the poker star was only due to her losing a bet against the poker genius.
- Matt Damon – Damon took it upon himself to thoroughly prepare for his role in Rounders and took up playing poker. It seems that this became an interest that remained with the star.